Changing Disabilities – is a Non-Profit and a NPC organisation with a primary purpose of providing emotional, physical, and psychological support to the community through programs that would enable re-integration and re-orientation into the community.
Changing Disabilities have three key focus areas:
- To restore shattered dreams.
- To change the stigma of the community against Disability.
- To encourage those who are affected directly and indirectly by Disabilities
- Supplies: We are focusing on supplying/ donating equipment (wheelchairs, Walkers, Hearing aid’, walking sticks, prosthetics, etc…), Nappies, shoes, clothes, medications, dressings. Both locally and abroad mainly in central Africa with our main focus being South Africa.
- Projects: using our knowledge, skills and experience we help individuals and organisations entities in managing projects and assist in reducing lack of disability basics needs, support to abuse victims and disaster relief. Changing Disabilities is helping those who cannot afford; as disability life comes with expensive package.
- Changing Disabilities biggest achievement or project is donating one shoe to amputees, we get our donations of shoes from Scottish Group of Companies, Dangee Cargen, Nike, adidas, clothes 2 Good and New Beginnings in donating, food, wheelchairs, shoes and clothes to underprivileged.
Changing Disabilities is Rooted and Grounded in the following Values:
- Excellence- We strive to provide excellent service to the beneficiaries we serve.
- Accountability–We are accountable to our customers, stakeholders and other parties involved for our actions
- Integrity- We are open, honest and transparent with our organizational duties.
- Love & Care- Raise a generation of PwDs that will show love and care to their counterparts and community as a whole
- Deliver excellent value to our beneficiaries by donating superior equipment’s and reliable quality service.
- Establish a professional and sustainable relationship with our sponsors.
- Empowering our members to be proactive in attending to our beneficiaries needs.
- Identify and invests in new opportunities